See What ‘The Voice’ Coaches Looked Like In High School
(clapping) – So, Blake, you were
People’s sexiest man alive a couple years ago, let’s
get a reminder here. Blake, you were so sexy. (audience cheering) Look at that.
– [Carson] Look at that. – You’re damn right. – I mean, my favorite part is the arm, like oh, geez guys, I don’t know. (audience laughing) That’s my favorite part. (audience cheering) – [Blake] I just remembered,
I had a dream last night – You what? – I just remembered I
had a dream last night that my tattoo faded off. (laughing) – That was wishful thinking.
– [Kelly] Random. (Gwen laughing) – Dreams do come true. – That’s wishful thinking. – So how does it feel to be
replaced by like a real man? (audience cheering) – [Gwen] Okay Kelly! (audience cheering) Don’t mess with my man.
– Fight, fight, fight. – I’m just kidding! – [Gwen] See, I defended you right? (laughing) – You know I love you.
– Is this the Kelly Show or Springer? (laughing) You don’t know me. (laughing) You don’t know me! (laughing) – So wait, do you, I’m totally kidding. But I always wonder this, like do you think we would all be friends if we were all in high
school at the same time and what would that look like? What would that Saved by
the Bell picture look like? So we kind of maybe
gathered all of our photos from around that time. (audience fawning) And put us together. – [John] Look at Blake. – [Gwen] Kelly you actually
look cool in that one. – I’m not cool at all, I didn’t have MTV I had the eight channels
I never saw any videos like everytime someone
references something cool like literally I saw you on TRL Carson, I saw you on TRL at my
friend April Shall’s house I never even had infomercials.
– How is April? – She is great.
(laughing) – Send her my best.
– She is now April Beck. You know this is actually
a question for you though like you’ve been in this
industry probably the longest and just, you’ve done
so many different things I mean from TRL to NBC,
you’re on Late Night with Carson Daily, like
you’ve had so many things going on, what’s your favorite one? And you don’t have to pick The Voice. – Oh my gosh, all of it. I mean I grew up in
southern California like, Gwen and I practically went
to high school together – I know!
(laughing) – Our careers started, I started
here in southern California I was a radio DJ, I just
loved music I wasn’t great in school, I played
golf, all my friends were in band, so we probably
would’ve been friends. But yeah I just– – We actually were friends
like that whole time. – [Carson] Yeah, you know
The Voice has really been part of the biggest blessing for me because it’s, I love doing live television I hate taping stuff ’cause it’s like radio so you know– – [Kelly] And you know
you have a hard out. (laughing) – [Carson] Yeah no matter what happens. – You’re going home at seven. – You know you’re going home. – Show up whenever you want. I don’t know, I’ve just been blessed it’s awesome just to be
close to talented people and it’s been a lot of fun. – [Gwen] And you’re good at what you do – Very good.
– You’re so good. – Thank you I appreciate it. (cheering) – [Kelly] So I have, I have
one of those questions– caress him. – Oh yeah, oh yeah! (cheering) – [Kelly] So I have a
question, let’s say you were dropped in the wilderness,
and you can only pick one of us to be with you, to help you get through the wilderness– – Oh that’s obvious. – [Kelly] I mean I think
they’re gonna be boring and (murmurs) with each other but like what are you, who would you pick? – I’d pick Blake and I would kill him and take the vodka in his back packet. (laughing) – ‘Cause I got news for
ya, you see his Starbucks mug on The Voice right? You all see, yeah it aint coffee! – [Kelly] It aint coffee! – I got news for ya, so yeah. – I don’t know how y’all do
this job without drinking. (laughing) – I don’t know you do it
drinking I would whoa, it would be– – [John] I partake just a
little bit, just enough. (laughing) – Little red wine for John.
– [John] Just enough. – [Kelly] Oh, I can’t I would,
I’m already crazy so yeah. (laughing) Wait, who would you pick
on an island or wilderness, if you got dropped in the wilderness and you just had to pick one of us? – Oh no–
– [Gwen] Don’t pick me. – I feel like Blake because he uh, – [Kelly] What the hell? – He’s got all these– (laughing) – I am not useless. – [John] He’s got all
these acres of ranch land, – [Kelly] I have like seven
thousand acres of land as well!
(laughing) – [John] I feel like he would
know a lot of outdoors-y things that would get us through life of– – He’d also make a good raft. (laughing) – Kelly, you can’t even
beat me on your own show. – I can’t even beat you on my own show. – [Gwen] But it’s true,
I remember the first time I went to Oklahoma with my family we are like from Anaheim we’d
never seen even trees before (laughing)
so we were like wow! This is like crazy, and we’re like driving and Blake’s in his
truck and there’s a tree that had like been blown down in the road and Blake gets out and he’s like All right, and he gets in the
back of the truck he has like – Chainsaw. – A big chain, and he pulls
it out, he wraps it around the tree and like pull– my whole family’s like
(gasping) Oh my God, he’s a man! It was like– (laughing) (cheering) (laughing) – [John] Gwen knew she was in love. – So, good answer. – My husband is kind of
different he pulls out a chainsaw and he just saws it
and moves it just like. – Blake was so, early on
in the show he’d be in L.A. And he’s such an Oklahoma
man he really is like he was miserable here before
he started fornicating with our– (cheering) – [Blake] Here, here! – [Carson] Thank God, thank you Gwen. (cheering) – So stupid.
– [Carson] Thank you to Gwen. But before– – [Kelly] Blake does make her– – Before, before Gwen– – Gwen does make him happier. – [Carson] When we were in
L.A. it would be a mission to try and find something
for the cowboy to do ’cause he was such a fish out of water in L.A. and so we had
the idea that one day we went to where I thought
he would be comfortable and I took him to an old Bass Pro Shop (laughing)
– [Kelly] Yeah! – You know that? – [Kelly] Bass Pro shops are great. – (murmurs) shop in the world. – Walking around with Blake Shelton at a Bass Pro Shop is like walking around with Jesus Christ at the Vatican. (laughing) Like his people are there. He was very at home, he’s
like I’m comfortable here!