Kids React To Lizzo
– ♪ …do ♪ ♪ (playful intro) ♪ – ♪ Mirror, mirror on the wall ♪
♪ Don’t say it, ’cause I know I’m cute ♪
– Oh! – ♪ Mirror, mirror on the wall ♪
– Yes! (claps) Yes! – ♪ Louis down to my drawers ♪
♪ LV all on my shoes ♪ ♪ I be drippin’ so much… ♪
– Lizzo is literally such a queen. – ♪ Lit up like a crystal ball ♪
♪ That’s cool, baby, so is you ♪ – My mom listens to this song.
– Me and my mom love her music. – Is this Lizzo?
– ♪ …gotta try ♪ ♪ I like… ♪
– It’s very exercisable. – Is this a workout commercial?
– ♪ …not the baddest [bleep], you lie ♪
♪ It ain’t my fault ♪ – (sings along) ♪ That I’m
out here getting loose ♪ ♪ Gotta blame it on the Goose ♪
♪ Gotta blame it on my juice ♪ – Her music is the best.
Oh my gosh. (squeals) – ♪ …I’m out here making news ♪
♪ I’m the pudding in the proof ♪ ♪ Gotta blame it on my juice ♪
♪ Ya-ya-ee ♪ ♪ Ya-ya-ee ♪
♪ Ya-ya-ee ♪ ♪ Ya-ya-ee ♪
– Who is this? – I like it.
I might know every single one, ’cause I’ve listened
to a lot of her songs. – There was a little beep.
I liked it and everything, but, you know, those–
her videos are INAPPROPRIATE! – You can listen to it any time.
You can bop to it in the car. You could bop to it
in your room by yourself. You could bop to it
with a group of your friends. You can bop to it
while you’re on the toilet if you wanted to.
– ♪ I’m crying ’cause I love you ♪
– Ooh. – ♪ Oh ♪ – What the heck?
– Who does she loves? There’s ton of guys.
– ♪ Gotta get my hair pressed again ♪ – I’m starting liking it.
– ♪ Ready, baby? ♪ ♪ Will you be my man? ♪
– I like the background. – ♪ …thought that I didn’t care ♪
– (laughs) She was mouthing the words
and that was really funny. – She can do anything.
She can put you in a good mood. She can make you wanna cry. – ♪ I don’t know what I’m gonna doooooo ♪ ♪ …dooooo ♪
– Her voice is good. – ♪ (sustains high note) ♪
– Oh my gosh. – She definitely likes to– she’s, like, screaming and singing. – I like the outfits.
They’re definitely really, really different.
– ♪ …love you ♪ ♪ Oh, yes, you ♪ – Is she making everybody cry?
Now, that’s the point I would leave out the room.
Now, me start crying? You don’t wanna see me cry now.
– That was too good. She’s like, “Ah,”
and I’m like… – ♪ Ooh ♪
♪ It’s hot ♪ ♪ I think I wanna kick off
both of my socks ♪ – I can see how– I like this.
– ♪ A closed mouth don’t get fed ♪ ♪ Is you hungry or not? ♪
♪ Like brr brr, operator ♪ ♪ Caboose like, choo choo,
bless my trainer ♪ – Aww.
– If you wanna hype yourself up, this is a good song to listen to.
– ♪ Get up ♪ ♪ I don’t get dehydrated ♪
– Don’t get dehydr– I’m so confused now.
– (chuckles) Summer.
– ♪ I need to know you in it ♪ ♪ If you got time, let’s spend it… ♪
– I like it. It’s like all their life. – ♪ I am free, yeah, yeah ♪
♪ Come water me ♪ – She goes… – Okay, that part,
it involves… a little bit of nude stuff.
(chuckles) – Ooh. Sweatin’ it up in there. – That one’s more kid friendly.
– Her music is just– hits hard. You’re like, “Let’s go.
I feel like I could do anything now because of you, Lizzo.
Thank you so much.” – ♪ Woo, girl ♪
♪ Need to kick off your shoes ♪ ♪ Gotta take a deep breath… ♪
– This song… is amazing.
– ♪ Time to focus on you ♪ – Now, this is how I feel
when my hair’s getting done. – ♪ …save one for you ♪
– Kayla! Holy Schnikey! – (sings along) ♪ Sacrifice ♪
– ♪ I know we did you wrong ♪ – (sings along) ♪ We can
make it right ♪ ♪ So go and let it all
hang out tonight ♪ – (mouths along) ♪ If he
don’t love you anymore ♪ Oh my gosh.
– ♪ Then walk your fine [bleep] out… ♪
– (sings along) ♪ The door ♪ I do know this one.
– ♪ And do you hair toss ♪ ♪ Check my nails ♪
♪ Baby, how you doin’? ♪ ♪ Feelin’ good as hell ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Hair toss ♪ ♪ Check my nails ♪
– ♪ Baby, how you doin’? ♪ ♪ Feeling good as hell ♪
– (chuckles) – That was uncalled for,
but it’s okay that she dabbed, because it’s Lizzo.
– I really like that song. – Out of every video,
this is the best video I’ve seen so far.
A lot of women are there, and I really like that,
because… inspiring. – ♪ I just took a DNA test ♪
– Oh, I’ve heard this song before. – Ah, this song.
– (sings along) ♪ Turns out I’m 100% ♪ ♪ That [bleep] ♪
– (sings along) ♪ Even when I’m crying crazy ♪
♪ Yeah, I got boy problems ♪ ♪ That’s the human in me ♪
♪ Bling bling ♪ ♪ Then I solve ’em ♪
– (laughs) – ♪ That’s the goddess in me ♪
♪ You coulda had a bad [bleep], non-committal ♪
– Too beeps– too many beeps! – I think she’s getting married.
– I’ve heard this song, but I haven’t seen this video.
But this video is still good. – And your headphones fell off.
That’s what happened. Jesus. – ♪ Fresh photos
with the bomb lighting ♪ – I’ve actually never seen
the music video. Me and my mom usually
just listen to it on the radio. – ♪ Bom bom bi dom bi dum bum bay ♪ ♪ You tried to break my heart? ♪
♪ Oh, that breaks my heart ♪ ♪ That you thought you ever had it ♪
♪ No, you ain’t from the start ♪ ♪ Hey, I’m glad you’re back
with your [bleep] ♪ ♪ I mean, who would wanna… ♪
– Oh my gosh. – ♪ ….never, ever, ever,
ever, ever be your side chick ♪ – Yeah. This one, the one part
I don’t like about it is all the curse words.
I’m like “Ahhh.” – It’s addictive to listen to,
and you’re like, “Repeat. (echoing) Repeat. Repeat”
until you haven’t slept. – (FBE) So, here’s a quick
live performance from Lizzo performing at NPR’s
Tiny Desk Concert. – Okay.
– ♪ Mirror, mirror on the wall ♪ ♪ Don’t say it,
’cause I know I’m cute ♪ – She’s good.
– ♪ Louis down to my drawers ♪
– Ooh, live vocals. – Is she doing this in a library?
I can’t say library. – ♪ Lit up like a crystal ball ♪
– Now, this is my favorite. – She doesn’t sound that different
without autotune. – My mom would definitely
listen to this. – ♪ …everybody gonna shine ♪
♪ I was born like… ♪ – I don’t like this one that much.
– Where’s the flute? I want that flute to come out.
– ♪ It ain’t my fault that I’m out here getting loose ♪
– It’s good. – It’s a weird song.
I don’t like it. – ♪ …blame it on my juice, baby ♪ ♪ (flute solo) ♪
– She can play the flute? – No.
– Ahh, we get the flute! – It’s definitely ’80s.
– I actually really like this, ’cause it’s just really cool.
– Wow! Her songs are good, but they’re inappropriate!
– Her music is just so good. I could listen to all
of her music in a day, and then be like,
“Okay… when is it playing again?” – (FBE) That was
the music artist Lizzo. – Who’s Lizzo?
– Oh. I don’t think
I’ve heard of her. – Yes! The Queen.
– (FBE) She’s been climbing the music charts recently,
and we actually even covered her with the college kids.
– Oh, okay. That’s kind of cool. – (sings along) ♪ That’s how I roll ♪
♪ If I’m shining, everybody gonna shine ♪
– (FBE) She started to work on music when she was
just 14 years old. – That’s pretty young.
– (FBE) Have you heard of Lizzo before today?
– No. – I think I’ve heard of her twice
or once, but other than that, no. – Yes, from my mom,
a lot of times in the bathroom. – A bunch of people are actually
talking about her at my school. – I heard her music.
It was going viral on Tik Tok and stuff,
so I looked her up. And I found more of her music,
and I was like, “Wow! This music is really good.”
And I found out that she was kind of slowly coming up the charts.
And then really recently, she blew up to everyone.
And I was like, “Oh my gah. She deserves it.”
– (FBE) So, while trying to make it in the music industry,
Lizzo actually went to college and earned her degree
in classical flute performance. – Oh, that’s why she was
playing the flute. – I didn’t even know
she had a college degree in it. You go, sis!
– (FBE) What do you think? Should everyone finish school
no matter what job they wanna do when they grow up?
– Yeah, ’cause if we don’t go to school, who will teach you?
– Yes, ’cause it makes them more talented.
– Yes, so you can learn more about it, and you get better.
– Let’s just say you’re trying to be an astronaut
and you don’t go to college. How do you know how to–
you need to train for it. – School can always help you
in the long run. Let’s say you wanna be
a pop star. She did it in music,
and it was the flute, and she uses it
in her performances. – If they’re doing music
or learning how to sing… Learning how to sing,
I would say don’t go to school for that, ’cause that’s
just all you. But a musical instrument,
I would say go to school and practice. – She’s living her life.
She became really famous. She’s a singer.
She has a lot of fashion. I can tell she’s a fahionista. College degree? I’m like, “Wow.” My mind is blown.
(rumbling) (kaboom!) – (FBE) Many of her songs
are about feeling confident and loving yourself
for who you are no matter what shape, size,
or color you are. – Mm-hmm.
– Yes, Queen. – (FBE) So, we wanted to know,
what do you love most about yourself? – I love that I’m kind,
I’m giving, and that no matter what, I’m beautiful just the way I am.
– I really like my art. – That I’m confident
and that I can just go places and if people
tell me something, I just ignore it.
– I love my family, ’cause… when they got knocked down,
I always help them back up. And when I get knocked down,
they help me back up. – I like my smartness.
I’d like to be an actor, so I really like hanging out
with new people, and I like my personality.
– I like my personality. I know it’s weird to–
it’s cliche to say, but I do really like
my personality. For a lot of people,
it’s hard to love yourself. You really have to take time
to learn how to. – When I was seven to six,
I would put so many words in my head, like,
“You’re not good enough.” And I would cry so much
in my room. I actually had to talk
to my dad about it. So, when I went to my dad,
my dad told me that I am good enough and I can do these things.
But for a second, I didn’t believe him.
But then my head just cleared, and then I did.
Confident music just brings you to a point where, “Okay,
I have to do this because this song told me
that I am worthy to do this.” – (FBE) So finally, Lizzo has
already become such a powerhouse in the music industry.
But if you had a chance to talk to her,
what advice would you give her to become an even bigger star?
– I wouldn’t. She’s already a big enough star,
and a bunch of people are talking about her,
how she makes great music and that her music
is relatable and funny. – Keep living your dream.
Do what you can do and you be you, boo.
– Keep making videos how she is, because I really like that.
And maybe other people will like that.
– Sing more songs without beeps and just sing more songs
about you and how confident you are.
– She should definitely make videos that inspire
other people to stand up for theirselves or don’t care
what other people think. – Put out more confident,
strong music, because if she starts a concert, almost every lady in California would go there.
– Keep doing what you’re doing, ’cause clearly that’s already
got you really far in life, and also, just to keep
being yourself and not letting anybody
tell you anything about yourself, because everybody loves you
no matter what, and I love you.
(smooches) – Thank you for watching
this good as heck Kids React. – Shoutout to imageslayer.
– Subscribe so you don’t miss an episode.
– What’s your favorite Lizzo song? Let us know in the comments.
– Bye! – Hey, guys. Vartuhi here.
Thanks so much for watching this episode of Kids React.
If you wanna hear more Lizzo, make sure to subscribe
to her YouTube channel by clicking the link
down in the description or right over here.