Harvard Student Previously Denied Entry Into US Is Now On Campus For Classes

Harvard Student Previously Denied Entry Into US Is Now On Campus For Classes

September 11, 2019 2 By Stanley Isaacs


HUNDREDS OF PASSENGERS RAN, LEAVING THEIR LUGGAGE BEHIND. A HARVARD FRESHMAN ORIGINALLY DETAINED, DENIED ENTRY INTO THE U.S. IS READY FOR HIS FIRST DAY OF CLASSES. ANNA MEILER IS LIVE IN CAMBRIDGE WITH THE LATEST. Reporter: HARVARD UNIVERSITY CONFIRMS HE IS ON CAMPUS AND WILL START CLASSES TODAY ALONG WITH THE REST OF THE INCOMING FRESHMAN. HE MADE NATIONAL HEADLINES LAST MONTH WHEN HIS VISA WAS REVOKED . HE TOLD HARVARD CRIMSON THAT HE WAS DETAINED FOR EIGHT HOURS LAST MONTH. HE SAID IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS SEARCHED HIS LAPTOP AND QUESTIONED HIM ABOUT HIS ACTIVITIES. U.S. OFFICIALS PREVIOUSLY SAID HE WAS INADMISSIBLE BUT WOULD NOT SPECIFY WHY. IT IS UNCLEAR HOW THIS SITUATION HAS BEEN RESOLVED BUT HIS FAMILY RELEASED A STATEMENT SAYING IN PART, WE TRULY APPRECIATE THE EFFORTS OF SO MANY INDIVIDUALS AND OFFICIALS IN LEBANON, WASHINGTON, MASSACHUSETTS AND HARVARD THAT HAVE MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR OUR SON TO BEGIN HIS STUDIES AT HARVARD WITH HIS CLASS. THE LAST 10 DAYS HAVE BEEN DIFFICULT AND ANXIETY FILLED BUT WE ARE MOST GRATEFUL FOR THE THOUSANDS OF MESSAGES AND SUPPORT AND PARTICULARLY, THE WORK OF THE MID EAST. CALLING THE SCHOLARSHIP WHICH SUPPORTS THE DREAMS OF YOUNG PALESTINIANS, MANY FROM RUSSIA