College Kids React To Top 10 Google Searches 2018 (Year In Review)
– This video’s just all love. – This is a better rewind
than YouTube Rewind. (chuckles) – World Cup literally has
the word “world” in it, so I feel like everyone
cares about it. ♪ (industrial intro) ♪ – (woman) It takes
a few seconds. I’ll switch this one on.
– Oh, is this, like, a Google most
of 2018? – This is the Google video?
I heard that Jeannie’s voice is in it!
– I’m in this. My voice is in this! – (woman) Alex!
Alex? – Oh, is he hearing
for his first time? – (woman) Hello, you.
– Aww. – (voice-over) This
is a miracle rescue. – Oh, right,
the kids in Thailand. – (voice-over) He turns
into the superhero… – Whoa.
– (gasps) So precious. – (voice-over) This election,
we’ve seen historic voter… – Yeah.
– “An all-Asian cast. There’s nothing more empowering.”
– (Jeannie) An all-Asian cast. – (claps) Yay, Jeannie!
– Wait, is that Jeannie? Oh my gosh,
that’s crazy! – Oh, the yodel kid.
– People have many talents in this world,
and almost 99% of these people don’t get a spotlight.
– Fortnite, yes. – (voice-over) Do a dance
in the outfield. – Oh, this thing.
All the trends. – (man) I was saying the word…
– (man) Yanny. – The laurel/yenny,
all of it’s coming back. – Are they trying to make us cry?
Is that the goal? Because it might work. – (LeBron) Kids have the dream.
– LeBron! ♪ (percussion music) ♪
– “Makes a good teacher.” Shoutout to all
the teachers, honestly. – “Who’s a good boy?”
(chuckles) – (Cardi’s tongue trilling)
– Of course. – I can’t believe “The Olympics”
were this year. – Wow! Was that Will Smith?
Oh my god. – I suppose this was
a very eventful year, wasn’t it? So much happens every year.
It’s kind of hard to keep track. – Aww, Anthony Bourdain. Sad. – (voice-over) You know, who love
their kids and would like to have lived their lives
with a little dignity and hope. – This is so beautiful.
There’s just… this video’s just all love. – This is a better rewind
than YouTube Rewind. – Yes, Google. (claps) I hate that it’s an ad
for a company, but I do like the idea
behind this video. – A lot of people have
been saying this should be the YouTube Rewind.
Kind of agree with that. – That was from the React episode
of Asians React to “Crazy Rich Asians.”
I cannot believe that I– that my voice represents
the start of this epic era of diversity and multiculturalism
in Hollywood. – (FBE) So, that was Google’s
Year in Review video that they put out every year.
– That was fun. It was not–
no cringe. – (FBE) Google featured many
of the world’s biggest events of the year.
And you might have noticed that one of the clips
actually comes from this show. Jeannie was talking
about the film “Crazy Rich Asians.” – Hell yeah!
Good for Jeannie! – It just kind of goes to show
the impact that YouTube has. – Google, like many online platforms,
puts our entire year in review, including the most searched terms
of the year. – I mean, that’s cool.
That is really cool. – (FBE) Today, you’re actually
going to see if you can place the top 10
most searched terms of 2018 in the correct order.
– Okay! This should be fun. – Oh my god.
I’m gonna lose. I like to set the standard really low
to see if I could do better. ♪ (futuristic hip hop music) ♪
– “Black Panther”! Ayy. – “Black Panther”
is one of the top ones? See, I wouldn’t have guessed.
– (Zuri) Soon there will only be the conquered…
– Oh, heck yeah. – (Zuri) …and the conquerors.
– The soundtrack on this was AMAZING. – It made a lot of money.
That’s what I know. That’s tough! – Five, kind of in the middle-ish.
– Number three. – This matters.
I’ll put it at number three. – (Stephen) General relativity
predicted the… – Stephen Hawking?
– Right, he passed away this year. – (Stephen) …that the universe
had a beginning and the Big Bang 13.7 billion years ago
is now accepted by most people… – I can’t believe we lost him
this year. – I was so heartbroken
when he died. – (Hawking) …of microwaves.
– Such a smart man. – Seven.
– I’ma put Stephen Hawking at number eight.
– Seven for Stephen Hawking. ♪ (EDM music) ♪
– Avicii made such good music. He was the reason why
I got into EDM. – I think he had more plays
and stuff after he had died. People went and listened
to his music more. ♪ (record scratching) ♪ ♪ (beat drops) ♪ – So many people
died this year. – So, basically you’re
the most searched when you die.
That’s sad. – Number six.
– I’m gonna put him at number five. – Avicii was quite popular.
I’m gonna put Avicii at three. ♪ (operatic music) ♪
– Royal wedding. – This is a big deal. – Meghan Markle.
That was HUGE. Everyone was talking about it. – I love big, fancy weddings.
– She’s so pretty. She’s so pretty! – She’s beautiful.
She deserves all of this. – Look at ’em.
They’re so happy. – (laughs) Every one of these
makes me less and less confident about where I’m putting things. – This probably just wasn’t
a big deal to me, ’cause I don’t know,
it’s just not my thing. – Get it, girl. Okay,
I’m gonna put that as number two. – Three.
– Son of a bitch. I feel like that might
be a big one, so I’m gonna put that
at number three. – (Kate) So, we sold Kate Spade,
and we… – Kate Spade! Oh my gosh.
I mean, I looked this up. – (Kate) …I don’t know
about Andy– took off a good nine years…
– This is so sad. Why are you guys doing this to me?
– (Kate) …raising my daughter and absolutely adored
every moment of it. – She also passed away! Yeah,
I can definitely see the pattern. – 10.
– Put her at 10. – I’ma put her at number 10.
I’m sorry, Kate Spade. – (Anthony) We’re now at one
of my favorite places… – Anthony Bourdain.
– It’s just a list of the most famous people
who have died this year. – (Anthony) I like mine animal style.
And I’d tell you what that is, but I’d have to kill you.
– (chuckles) Secret menu.
What y’all know about that? – I’m having In-N-Out today
’cause of this in his honor. – (Anthony) There it is.
My favorite restaurant in Los Angeles. – Same.
– Everyone wants to figure out who they are AFTER they’re dead!
It’s messed up. – I’m gonna put him at five.
– Number four. – Anthony Bourdain is up there.
I’ma put him at number three. – ♪ Who am I? ♪
♪ Someone that’s afraid to let go ♪ – Oh, X. That’s right.
– ♪ …if you’re ever gonna let me know, yeah ♪
♪ Suicide… ♪ – I can’t listen
to X’s music anymore. Every time I listen
to X’s music, I just get sad. – ♪ I’m sad I know, yeah ♪
– Such a good song. – I was stunned
at the reaction to his death, how divisive it became.
– This was a huge deal too to the music community.
– ♪ …sad I know, yeah ♪ – Okay, I definitely know
that a lot of people were tweeting about this guy
just because our generation is so focused around music.
– I’m gonna have to go with three. – I’ma put him at number six.
– Seven, but now I’m feeling like I’m gonna have to
rearrange things. – (announcer) Here is
the planet’s ultimate game. – Right, the World Cup
did happen this year. – The World Cup
has to be number one. – World Cup literally
has the word “world” in it, so I feel like everyone
cares about it. So, it’s gotta be top three. – Fútbol is the most
popular sport in the world. – (claps) I was so happy
when France won. – Damn. I– controversial–
personally don’t care about soccer, but a lot of other people do. – (announcer) It is France!
– Cool. World Cup.
World Cup’s pretty big. – I’m gonna set the World Cup
as number one. – 10, just ’cause
it wasn’t exciting. – Number one.
All you overseas people, you’re like, “Of course that
would be number one.” (chuckles) – ♪ Self care ♪ – Mac Miller. Oh my gosh!
These are so sad! – (gasps) No, stop.
This is my favorite song. – I listen to Mac Miller.
I was never a diehard fan of him. – He’s so talented, too.
So sad. – This one…
There were so many celebrity deaths that just hurt a lot.
– I’m putting him at number nine. – Number two.
– Number eight, because I don’t know what number two is.
– Number two, because I remember a lot
of people talked about him, too. – I’m Stan Lee. I’ve…
– Ohhh my goddd! How the hell did I forget Stan Lee?
– (Stan) During this time, I think I’ve learned a lot
about what young… – He looks so different!
– (Stan) More importantly, I think I’ve learned a lot about what…
– I love Stan Lee. – I got to meet him
a little while ago. Very nice guy.
– (Stan) …has to be what any normal person
would do in those situations. – Jesus Christ, man.
You guys see my eyes are watering. – He’s a cool dude. For now,
I guess I’ll have to set him at 10. – I think he’s well deserving
of the second spot. – You’re taking number four. You know, I think my list
is pretty good. – (FBE) So now that you’ve
watched through all of these, we’re gonna give you a chance
to make changes. Let us know when you’re locked.
Remember, you get two points for every answer
you get exactly correct and one point for every answer
you’re only one off from. – Fudge. This is hard.
There’s so many good people up here. – I’m gonna put “Black Panther”
at number four and then the rest is gonna be the list
of dead celebrities in memoriam. – People, I feel, tend to search
the sadder things. So, top three can be World Cup,
Stan Lee, “Black Panther,” but then it’s a lot
of the major celebrity deaths that hit people,
and then Meghan Markle, and then Kate Spade. Okay!
Um, we’ll leave it. – (FBE) Coming in at number 10,
Kate Spade. (buzzer)
– (clicks tongue and inhales sharply) All right. All right.
Well, off to a good start. (claps) (ding)
– Ooh! Yay, I got it. – So, I’m one off,
so I get one point, right? – Coming in at number nine
is Stephen Hawking. (buzzer)
– Stephen Hawking, okay. I had him at seven.
– What? I put him as number three. He’s one of the greats!
– Oh, hell yeah. All right. – Oh, okay!
I was only off by one. – (FBE) Coming in at number eight,
– He was eight?! Really?! (pop)
– Plus one for him then. All right. – I put him as number seven,
so I get one point. – (FBE) Coming in at number seven,
Anthony Bourdain. (buzzer)
– Okay, I put Anthony Bourdain at five.
I thought for sure he would be a little bit
higher, actually. – Okay, I’m one off.
– Oh, I got that one! Yeah! – (FBE) Coming in at number six,
Meghan Markle. – Oh, really? Okay.
I put Meghan Markle at nine. (pop)
– Off by one. I’ll take it. – I was one off!
– I actually got that one right on the dot.
Number six, Meghan Markle. – Coming in at number five,
“Black Panther.” – Number five?! Wow. (ding)
– Got it right. Let’s go! – Ooh! Yes! I knew it.
See, “Black Panther” was– I feel like it was
the perfect middle ground. I was like, that was really big,
but you know, it kinda died out. – (FBE) Coming in at number four…
– Four. – (FBE) Stan Lee.
– Stan Lee. Aw, man. I set Stan at eight.
Aw, I’m such a dummy. – Okay, so I got plus one
for Stan Lee. All right. (ding)
– Oh, I got that one! Nice! – (FBE) Coming in
at number three, Mac Miller. (buzzer)
– Aww, I put Stephen Hawking there. Mac, wow. (pop)
– I put Mac Miller at number four. – Okay, one off. Dang!
I should’ve just switched them! – (FBE) Coming in
at number two, Avicii. (buzzer)
– Two is Avicii. Way off there! – No way!
– Oh my gosh! Are you serious? (buzzer)
– WHAT?! I put him at number 10! – (FBE) Coming in at number one
is the World Cup. – Bew, bew, bew!
– Yess! Oh my god. I actually did much better
than I thought. – Yes! Okay, good thing
I didn’t change that. – I think I am for sure surprised
that there were so many deaths on this list.
It’s almost seriously like losing a family member,
where you see this person that you look up to that person,
and then when they pass away, you reflect on that impact
that they had on you. So, I think that’s what
a lot of people were doing this year. – Thanks for watching
this episode of College Kids React. Shoutout to Frank Calvin
and Sierra Queen. – Subscribe and hit the bell
for more great shows. If you need to figure out how,
just Google it. – Bye!
– Hi, guys. JC here, producer here at FBE.
Make sure to subscribe to this channel, but also subscribe
to the React channel to see reactors gaming, competing,
and so much more. You can click right over here.