COLLEGE KIDS REACT TO TOP 10 DIGITAL SONGS (Spotify)
– (singing along)
♪ Front way, back way ♪ ♪ You know that I don’t play ♪ – There’s another Ed Sheeran song.
(inhales sharply) Shit. (sighs) Which one is more? ♪ (industrial music) ♪ – (FBE) So today, we’re going
to be showing you clips from 10 songs.
– 10 songs? – (FBE) And these are
the 10 most streamed songs in the history of Spotify…
– Oh. – (FBE) …at the time
of recording this. – Uh-huh.
– (FBE) We’re going to see if you can guess where each song
fits in the top 10. – Oh shit! Okay, I’ve seen
the YouTubers play this game. That looks so fun.
I [bleep] with Spotify heavy, so I’m excited to see
how my knowledge of the music that trends on there.
– Oh my god, I love these videos! I’m so excited! I’m gonna do
horrible at this, but I’m excited. – (FBE) So we’re gonna
give you this. – (imitates heavenly choir)
(laughs) Thank you. – (FBE) So while you’re watching,
you can start placing the songs where you think
they are in the top 10. – Okay, should I make numbers?
– I’m pretty good with popularity stuff
and kind of figuring out what does well and what doesn’t,
so maybe that’ll help me out. – I’m gonna fake some confidence
and pretend that I’m gonna get 100%. Let’s do it!
– ♪ All… ♪ – (singing along) ♪ …I know ♪
♪ A sad song ♪ What’s this song called again?
Oh, “I Took a Pill in Ibiza.” – I don’t know the title.
Isn’t it a Mike Posner song or something?
– ♪ …I know ♪ – Okay, this is
for sure fairly recent. – I feel like this
is lower on the list. It’s a popular song, but not,
I feel, uber popular. – ♪ I know, a sad song ♪
– That’s pretty popular. I hear that on the radio a lot. – Do people still
listen to Mike Posner? I’m putting at magical number seven.
– Number five. It’s a good, even… number five. – This was on the
radio all the time, but that could differ
from Spotify streaming, so I’ma drop it at six
for right now. – It’s still kinda young.
There are other songs that could get a lot more play,
so I’m gonna set it on the lower tier.
I’m gonna say eight. – ♪ I’m in love with
the shape of you ♪ – Okay, this is Ed Sheeran,
“Shape of You.” – This has to be pretty high up. – I love this song,
so I’m just gonna put it at a one, even though I know
it’s not the number one. – ♪ Now my bedsheets
smell like you ♪ – (singing along) ♪ Every day
discovering something brand new ♪ – (singing along) ♪ I’m
in love with your body ♪ – ♪ Oh-I, Oh-I, Oh-I, Oh-I ♪
♪ I’m in love with your body ♪ – It is a good song. I get it.
I’m gonna set it at a safe six. – That’s definitely higher.
I’m gonna put that at number four. – Number five.
– Number eight. I think it’s a little more hype
than we think it is. – ♪ Baby now ♪
– Oh my god! It’s Ed Sheeran again. I love this video.
– There’s another Ed Sheeran song. (inhales sharply) Shit.
(sighs) Which one is more? – ♪ Kiss me under the light
of a thousand stars ♪ – I love this song. (singing along) ♪ Place your head
on my beating heart ♪ ♪ I’m thinking out loud ♪
– Ah, it’s [bleep] cute, dude! – Oh, this is so hard! I loved it,
but I’m gonna have to place it at number nine.
– I put it as number two. – “Thinking Out Loud”
is number three. – Seven, right above “Shape of You.” – I’m actually gonna
set it as a five. It’s an older song
than “Shape of You,” I believe, so I think it’s had
more time to cook. – ♪ Blow a kiss, fire a gun ♪ – This is “Lean On.”
– Oh, hey! I was in the “React” to this video.
– (Jade) Okay, I’m assuming those are the–
actually Major Lazer. (chuckles) – ♪ Wah, whoa, wah, whoa ♪
That’s all I know from the song. – ♪ All I need is
somebody to lean on ♪ – This song was fairly popular here, but I feel like this
was huge international. – Damn. I’m gonna put
that one at number eight. – It’s a pretty good song.
I’m putting it on number five. – Is that above Mike Posner?
Yeah, I’m putting that with a six. – It’s getting hard. Every song
just feels like they have more plays than the last one, and I know this song
is [bleep] played. A three. – Five. I’ve heard it
so many times on the radio, but I don’t wanna
shift anything yet. – ♪ Grips on your waist ♪ – (singing along)
♪ Front way, back way ♪ ♪ You know that I don’t play ♪
– Oh, Drake. – I feel like I’m gonna see Drake
more than once on this list. – ♪ That’s why I need a one dance ♪ – At one point,
this is the only song they played on the radio,
guys. Like, literally. – ♪ Higher powers
taking a hold on me ♪ – “One Dance,” number one. – Number six.
– Four, because that song is a jam.
– Let’s put him at number three. – I’m putting this at number six. I got tired of this song
really quickly because I feel like it was overplayed.
– Number three. Drake is one of the
biggest artists in the world. – ♪ Pull the sheets right off… ♪
– Duh. Chainsmokers. – Halsey?
– Ah, I love this song. This is definitely
on my Spotify playlist. – I really would like to know
how many times I personally have heard this song
since it’s come out. – (imitating beat) – This song is so catchy!
Ah, I love it. Oh god. Where would that one be?
– I’m gonna put it at five. – Just because it’s an open spot,
for now I’m putting it at four. – This is way harder
than I thought it was gonna be. I’m gonna put it at number five.
– I hate this song. Oh god. I know that’s number one. – ♪ It’s in my head,
darling, I hope ♪ ♪ That you’ll be here… ♪
– Anything with the Chainsmokers in it is an immediate hit. – (singing along) ♪ Don’t let me,
don’t let me, don’t let me down ♪ – ♪ Don’t let me down ♪
♪ Don’t let me down ♪ – Ooh, that car bounced.
Sorry, not the point of this video, but damn.
– ♪ Don’t let me down, down, down ♪ ♪ (bassy hip hop music) ♪
– Yes. Oh, the hip hop in the back. – Definitely newer than a lot
of things on here… Was that “Don’t Let Me Down?” – I’m gonna do 10 right now,
“Don’t Let Me Down.” – This is also a very played song,
but I’m running out of spots, so I’m gonna do
number nine for that. – It’s a good song, and I feel
like a lot of people like it ’cause it appeals to more audiences.
I’m gonna go with three. – Just ’cause she says
don’t let her down, I don’t wanna put her
at the bottom of the list, but I think that’s a 10. – ♪ ‘Cause if you like the way… ♪
– Justin Bieber. Of course. – Bieber. Bieber’s a big name.
– (mouthing) ♪ And if you think that I’m still holding on to something ♪
♪ You should… ♪ – (singing along) ♪ go
and love yourself ♪ – I’ve never seen the
music video. That’s cool. ♪ (funky brass interlude) ♪
– ♪ (Justin humming) ♪ – I actually really love that song.
JB, you got me there. – Justin’s taking
the crown right now. – That’s number nine,
because it’s definitely not 10, it’s definitely not one.
– I’m gonna go with two. That was a very popular song
for a very long time. – Number two. It’s Justin. Internationally loved
and also hated. – I have a feeling I might know
what number one might be. I think it might be Despacito. – ♪ Is it too late now
to say sorry? ♪ – [Bleep] yeah.
I love this song, too! – (singing along) ♪ Is it
too late to say I’m sorry now? ♪ – Okay, yeah. This one
I could see being way higher than “Love Yourself.” – ♪ Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh ♪
– (mouthing) ♪ Sorry ♪ – I would be floored
if this isn’t number one. I’m putting at four for now.
– I’m just gonna put “Sorry” for number nine.
– It was cool, but then it was not
like five seconds later, so I’m gonna put “Sorry”
at number eight. – Now, at number one,
I’ll put “Sorry.” But if you guys drop
“Despacito” on me, it’s gonna really
[bleep] up everything. – 10 for now, ’cause I’m still
waiting for “Despacito.” – ♪ My sunrise on the darkest day ♪
– Oh goddamnit! “Despacito.” I should’ve known that.
– “Despacito” is for sure up there. – Okay, “Despacito” is
the number one song right now on YouTube.
– (singing along) ♪ Despacito ♪ ♪ Quiero respirar
tu cuello despacito ♪ – ♪ Deja que te
diga cosas al oído ♪ – I mean, good job Justin Bieber.
You’re on this list three times. – ♪ Despacito ♪
– Goddamnit. This is number one. – I [bleep] up. I [bleep] up. “Despacito” is definitely
not number 10! – That’s at number 10,
but it’s obviously not. Okay, I need to really
look at this list. – (FBE) So now that you’ve
watched through these, we’re gonna give you
a chance to make changes. – Okay, I’m gonna do
“Despacito” as number one. – “Despacito” I’ma
move to number one. – Six, seven, eight.
Ah, shit. No. – No. No. No.
I’m really stressed out. (chuckles) I don’t know!
– I think I got a few. At least one. Like,
if I get one, I’ma be happy. – (FBE) Okay, so
now that you’re done, we’re going to number 10
to number one, and we’ll see
how many you got right. – Probably zero.
– (FBE) Coming in at number 10 is “Despacito”…
– WHAT?! – (FBE) …by Luis Fonsi
and Daddy Yankee, specifically the remix
featuring Justin Bieber. No! Really?! [Bleep].
I was way off. (buzzer)
– I am so disappointed in myself. I was so confident that
that would be number one. – The radio has me so confused.
They play it every other song. – Literally my whole list
is gonna be off now, because “Despacito”
is not number one. – Oh shit! I was right
the first time! – (FBE) Number nine,
“I Took a Pill in Ibiza” by Mike Posner.
– Wow. Ls every day. (buzzer)
– I put it at seven! (buzzer)
– I was wrong. Wow. – I got that right.
– I did something right in my life! – (FBE) Number eight,
“Don’t Let Me Down” by the Chainsmokers featuring Daya.
– Yeah, I put “Sorry.” (buzzer)
– Yup. It’s [bleep] one off. (buzzer)
– No, that’s number six. – No! Why would you give me
time to change things? This is every test ever.
– (FBE) Number seven, “Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber.
– [Bleep]! [groans] JB, come on, man! – I can’t believe
“One Dance” beat that. – Oh, I got that right.
I have two so far. – I got one right!!
One right! Yes! – (FBE) Number six,
“Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran. – Oh, I was off by one. [Bleep].
– I had it right at the beginning. (ding)
– Two in a row right! Yes! Yes! – (FBE) Number five is “Sorry”
by Justin Bieber. – (chuckles softly) (buzzer)
– I put it on two! Oh my god. – God, I had him at three. Bieber!
– I thought he was number eight. I’m a goner.
– (FBE) Number four, “Lean On” by Major Lazer.
– Nope, not gonna get any of ’em. – Ugh, I put number four
down as “Thinking Out Loud.” – I put for number four, “Sorry.” (pitifully) I’m sorry.
– (FBE) Number three, “CLoser” by the Chainsmokers
featuring Halsey. – Really?
– Off by one again! – I got that one right, too!
Hey, I’m at my three! I got my three!
– I got one right! Yes! – (FBE) At number two,
“One Dance” by Drake. – Oh wow. I really
underestimated him. I put that down as 10.
– Wow. I was literally off by one on the whole thing.
– Got one right! (giggles) Yeah! – Yes! Four out of 10!
That’s not bad! – (FBE) Number one is
“Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran with over 1.3 billion streams
at the time of shooting. – I almost did that. I almost
put it as number one. – I think the important part
is that we all had fun playing the game, and we really
came together as a team, and… I don’t wanna talk
about it anymore. – All of these songs are
so equally popular, you know what I mean?
They’re all the most overplayed songs I’ve ever
heard in my entire life, and therefore, they are going
to all be in the top 10. – I [bleep] suck. The world
has an odd taste in music. That’s all I’ve learned today. – Thanks for watching this eipsode
of College Kids React. Shout-out to Gabby Mondragon
for watching last week. – Subscribe if you want
a shout-out like Chris Shalo. – Come say hi in the comments
if you’d like a shout-out like Justin Ayala.
– Thanks for watching this episode of College Kids React.
We had the reactors make a playlist of all
their favorite songs. The link to that is
in the description below. Make sure to follow FBE
on Spotify. Bye, guys!