COLLEGE KIDS REACT TO TAYLOR SWIFT – REPUTATION (Full Album Reaction)
– When this came out
the first time, I was so upset. (chuckles)
– You’re like, “This is where it’s going?
This is where it’s heading?” – This is good. I haven’t
heard this one either. I’m so excited to listen
to all of this fully. ♪ (industrial music) ♪ – (FBE) Today we’re gonna be
playing you selections of every song from Taylor Swift’s
new album, Reputation. – Yes! Okay, I’m so excited.
– I don’t really like Taylor Swift, so this should be fun.
– (both chuckling) – I was a Taylor Swift fan
when I was younger, but I don’t know
if I vibe with her new stuff. – All the promotional stuff
she’s been putting on her Instagram, it’s dark, and it’s real,
and it’s about her mistakes. And I’m just excited
to see the drama. ♪ (thumping bass) ♪
– Man, I feel like every artist now is using the deepest possible bass. – ♪ Knew he was a killer… ♪
– Oh, yeah! This is the one that I like.
– I’ve heard this one, actually, but I didn’t know it was her.
– This is dope. – ♪ I-I see how this gon’ go ♪ ♪ Touch me and you’ll
never be alone ♪ – I really like the beat,
it’s just not something I’d listen to all the time.
– ♪ I know I’m gonna be with you ♪ ♪ So I take my time ♪
♪ Are you ready for it ♪ – I love that song.
– That’s a banger for sure. Definitely setting the tone
for the album. – When you say Taylor Swift,
I associate her with fairytale, acoustic songs about
having a crush, but this song gives me
kind of a hard vibe. – ♪ Ooh, you and me,
we got big reputations ♪ ♪ Aah, and you heard about me ♪ – Well, this is
definitely different. (chuckles) – (Future) ♪ You so dope… ♪
– Oh, there’s a rapper in a Taylor Swift song.
– Wow. I would’ve never expected Future and Taylor Swift
to be on the same song together. – ♪ I wanna be your
end game, end game ♪ – (Ed Sheeran) ♪ Now well,
when I was young ♪ – Is that Ed Sheeran? – (Ed Sheeran)
♪ …when I was young ♪ – Who is this? (laughs)
– He has a good voice. – (gasps) It’s Ed Sheeran!
– (both laugh) – Oh my god! – (Ed Sheeran) ♪ The truth is,
it’s easier to ignore it, believe me ♪
– I like that one. She’s trying to go all out
and change up what she sounds like. – If you’re an artist
and you’re a fan of someone, and you see that they’re talented,
you definitely wanna work with them. Future’s been super hot
for the last year or two years, and Ed Sheeran is also
super popular right now. I think it was just
a good business move as far as attracting
a different listener. – ♪ They say I did something bad ♪
♪ Then why’s it feel so good? ♪ – Oh! Okay.
– I haven’t heard this one yet. – ♪ Why’s it feel so good? ♪
– I kind of like it. – ♪ And I’d do it over and over
and over again if I could ♪ – Wow, she’s really bringing out
her bad girl side. – This album is almost
cathartic for her. And to purge all this bullshit
from the media that she’s received over the past years, I think
it’s like a way for her to heal. – ♪ For you, I would… ♪
– Ooh. – Oh, I really like this one. – This sounds just
like Lana Del Ray. – ♪ I would lose my mind ♪ ♪ They say, “She’s gone
too far this time” ♪ ♪ Don’t blame me,
your love made me crazy ♪ – A little, like, future base,
a little EDM sound. – ♪ …my drug is my baby ♪ ♪ I’ll be using
for the rest of my life ♪ – Not really a fan of that one. It kind of sounds like she was
trying to go for something that she wasn’t
even comfortable with. – I can barely even pay attention to what the song’s
trying to be about. Don’t add this trap,
techno shit to it. – ♪ Dive bar on the East Side,
where you at? ♪ – The beat’s really smooth. – This sounds more like
her other stuff, her older stuff. – ♪ Isn’t it? Isn’t it? Isn’t it? ♪ ♪ Isn’t it delicate? ♪
– Okay, that was good. I’ll give her that one.
– For any artist coming out with a whole new style,
it’s very bold. And a lot of artists aren’t
willing to make that jump, but because she’s
brave enough to do it, you know, that’s– there’s something
really admirable in that. – ♪ I… ♪
– Yeah. – When this came out the first time,
I was so upset. – You were like, “This
is where it’s going?” “This is where it’s heading?” – This is the worst song
I’ve ever heard in my whole life. – There’s so many memes of this.
– I actually like this song a lot. – (Taylor) I’m sorry,
the old Taylor… – This part kills me. – (Taylor) Why? Oh. – (giggles)
– (Taylor) ‘Cause she’s dead. – This is so funny, oh my gosh. – Based on the sound of this,
it’s like she’s trying to sound like the next sex icon, pop idol.
– A lot of her music on this album seems to be a little bit darker.
– (singing along) ♪ Look what you just made me do ♪
♪ Look what you just made me do ♪ – I knew she was coming out
with something different, but then it was really intense,
and talking about how she was dead, and I think that kind of
her introduction, like, the old bubblegum Taylor Swift,
she’s not here anymore. Look at my new hardcore stuff.
– Her first album, she made that when she was, you know, under 20.
And now she’s an adult woman. For people that hate on artists
for creating a new sound, that’s– shame on them. – ♪ …we break down a little ♪ – It’s very, like–
– There’s very little difference in these things. You could literally
put the whole CD together and it’d be this one song.
– I forgot how many songs we’ve listened to.
– ♪ …our pieces fall ♪ – Now it’s like she’s trying
to sound like Lorde. – This sounds like Lana too,
but this sounds good. I like this one. – Very epic. – Anything where everything
blends together, the voices and this music… amazing. – ♪ You know I’m
not a bad girl, but I ♪ ♪ Do bad things with you ♪
– That’s a song that I would listen to,
and I wouldn’t immediately think it was Taylor Swift.
– She’s obviously trying to change the way that people view her,
but I just hate when stars do that, because it’s like,
you created your image, and now you’re angry about it?
– ♪ Whiskey on ice, Sunset and Vine ♪
– Oh yeah. I heard this one. – ♪ …ruined my life by not being mine ♪ ♪ You’re so gorgeous ♪
– Mm. (chuckles) This one’s fun. – (mouthing) ♪ I can’t say
anything to your face ♪ I love this song. – ♪ And I’m so curious ♪
– See, this sounds more like Taylor Swift.
– This is definitely a little bit
older school Taylor Swift. – ♪ …can I say? ♪
♪ You’re gorgeous ♪ – (groans) That’s
what I’m talking about! The actual music aspect of it,
it’s wonderful. – If you start ’em off
with the new stuff, you’re like here’s a taste
of a new direction and new sound that I wanna
start messing around with, but then for all my diehard fans,
second part of the album, here’s the music that you love
and became a fan of me for. So she’s kind of
giving both sides. – ♪ You were drivin’
the getaway car ♪ – It’s completely different. It’s a 180, all the way around.
– Weird. – ♪ Don’t pretend
it’s such a mystery ♪ ♪ Think about the place
where you first met me ♪ – Aww.
– See I could definitely see myself jamming–
She likes it! She likes it! – Oh yeah. This one for sure
sounds like her old music. – Yeah. See, that just made me
all, like, “Aww.” I feel like old Taylor’s
back in that song. (laughs) – It feels more complete,
I feel like. I feel like if it just had
all those aggressive songs, it just would feel
kind of one-dimensional. – ♪ We met a few weeks ago ♪
– Ooh, I like this one. I like the snaps. Ooh. – ♪ …like trying on clothes ♪ ♪ Salute to me,
I’m your American queen ♪ – This fits Lorde more
than it does Taylor Swift. – ♪ You are the one
I have been waiting for ♪ ♪ King of my heart,
body and soul ♪ – I love how her lyrics
always tell stories. – It’s really important as an artist
to always be creative and exploring different avenues
as far as sounds go. – ♪ I, I loved you in spite of ♪ ♪ Deep fears that the world
would divide us ♪ – (chuckles) I like
the first ones better. – ♪ But we were dancing ♪
– Okay, Taylor. All right. I’m impressed. – ♪ Like it was the
first time, first time ♪ – Hmm. Wow. I think
that was my favorite one. It has a really
cool electronic beat. – ♪ All of this silence and patience,
pining and desperately waiting ♪ ♪ My hands are shaking ♪
– I like the little echoes. Those are cool.
– ♪ Ha, ha, ha ♪ – It’s catchy. – ♪ Say my name and… ♪
– Oh yeah, this is good. I haven’t heard this one either.
I’m so excited to listen to all of this fully.
– ♪ Only bought this dress so you could take it off ♪
– (chuckles) No. – What? Taylor Swift talking about
taking off dresses and stuff? Excuse me?
– With this whole new album, she wants to target to more
of an adult demographic, so she’s just kind of
maybe switching gears, because she wants
to expand listeners. – She started her career
whens he was 15, and now she’s in her
mid, late-20s, so I think it’s okay to show
a different side of her, and be like, yeah,
this is a reality of what happens
when you like somebody. – ♪ It was so nice
being friends again ♪ – I like this. – ♪ But you
stabbed me in the back ♪ – Oh no. Another hate song. It’s like “Bad Blood,”
but different. – ♪ But I’m not the only friend
you’ve lost lately ♪ – (Taylor) Mm-mm.
– (chuckles) Mm-mm. – ♪ …so shady ♪
– Oh. – ♪ …why we can’t
have nice things ♪ – Do we know who
this track’s about? – This is fun. – ♪ Because you break them ♪
♪ I had to take them away ♪ – Yeah, those lyrics
kind of sound crazy, but I like the beat, though.
– I bet that’s a Kanye song. It was a messed up
thing that he did. He went up there and told her that somebody else
deserved an award. I don’t know,
I’d be pretty bitter. – ♪ All the liars
are calling me one ♪ – I’ve heard this one. – ♪ …heard from me for months♪ – It definitely sounds
like her, like 1989. – ♪ ‘Cause my baby’s
fit like a daydream ♪ ♪ Walking with his head down ♪
♪ I’m the one he’s walking to ♪ – I’m slowly more and more
listening to these lyrics. – ♪ But would you
run away with me? ♪ – That kind of sounded
like her old stuff too. I feel like when she talks
about something that happened in a specific month,
that’s a classic Taylor line. – ♪ Don’t read the last page ♪ ♪ But I stay, when you’re… ♪
– This one’s good. It’s more the focus on her voice instead of big instrumentals
in the back. – ♪ …I’ll be cleaning up
bottles with you ♪ – This is a really good song.
It’s making me emotional. – ♪ Please don’t ever
become a stranger ♪ ♪ Whose laugh… ♪
– (gasps) – ♪ …I could recognize ♪
♪ I will hold on to you ♪ – I like that one.
Amidst all of the change and stuff that she’s doing
with this album, it kind of goes back to when
we first started with her, essentially how she sounded pure.
– It’s interesting that it started with such an intense
in-your-face song, and that one was very soft
and kind of nostalgic. It’s really interesting to watch how it’s in a specific order
for a reason. – It felt like
a really good book end, ends on a triumphant,
peaceful note. – It’s definitely very different
throughout the whole CD. For someone who
doesn’t like Taylor Swift, who will literally, you know,
say it to anybody that doesn’t like Taylor Swift,
I didn’t like it. – Production’s really good.
I like that she had a few features, ’cause overall, a really
solid body of work. – I definitely like it more
and have higher hopes after listening to the whole thing,
because at first, I just heard “Look What You Made Me Do,”
and one or two others, and I was like, “No, Taylor!
You’ve gone off the deep end!” But the rest of the album
is actually really good. – Thanks for watching this episode
of College Kids React. Shout-out to Abby Pickett
for watching last week. – Do you want a shout-out
like Emily’s Show? Leave a comment
and you might just get one. – Hit the like button
if you like this episode. – And shout-out to TheSonicFan1.
– Hey, guys. JC here, producer at FBE.
Thanks so much for watching this episode of College Kids React.
Do you like Taylor Swift? Let us know down in the comments and you might be
featured on the show.