College Kids React To Surgery On A Grape Meme Compilation
– Oh my god!
It’s Grapes Anatomy. (laughs) – Didn’t know I was gonna get
thrown into surgery just like this. All right. Scalpel! ♪ (industrial intro) ♪ – (boy) Everyone, we have
an announcement to make. – (distorted voice) They did
surgery on a grape. ♪ (upbeat dance music) ♪
– What? – (distorted voice) They did
surgery on a grape. – I don’t understand
why this is a thing. I’ve seen this so much. (chuckles)
– Noooooo. I thought I finally escaped this.
– This literally blew up in two seconds.
– It’s so stupid, but it’s so funny. – I have been seeing this
in all of my comments. “They did surgery on a grape.”
I don’t know what it means! ♪ (intense rock music) ♪
– That incision, though. This is very important
scientific research. ♪ (upbeat rock music) ♪
– Oh, what?! (chuckles) – TikTok, man. – I just don’t understand how
people have so much time on TikTok. – Is this a trend right now?
Everyone’s freaking out about surgery on a grape?
I would be, too. I didn’t know it was possible.
– ♪ A duck walked up to a lemonade stand ♪
– (mouths along) ♪ And he said to the man ♪
(sings along) ♪ Running the stand ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Hey ♪
– ♪ Bum bum bum ♪ – (sings along) ♪ Got any grapes? ♪
– ♪ The man said ♪ – (man, distorted) No,
but they did surgery on a grape. – (laughs) I’m done. – (man, distorted) They did
surgery on a grape. – Why?!
– (man, distorted) They did surgery on a grape.
– Ah, dude… I don’t– I’m just so dumbfounded.
I don’t know how to feel about this! ♪ (disjointed music slowly stops) ♪ (silence) ♪ (upbeat rock music) ♪
– Look at that peel. Exactly. Same.
Look at that. – Okay, that does
look very pleasing, though. – I can’t with TikTok, honestly.
– Okay, it’s not that surprising. – da Vinci System is really cool,
but that, for me, is the most important part
of the meme. It’s not even the grape. (monitor beeping)
(heart beating) (monitor flatlining)
– (chuckles) Stop. – (surgeon) Mrs. Lopez…
– Oh, no. – (doctor) He didn’t make it
through the surgery. – (gasps) Oh my go– (laughs)
– (laughs) ♪ (“Somewhere Over the Rainbow”) ♪
– (laughs) No! Gonna make me cry.
– (FBE) So, those were all posts from the meme that has recently
gone viral called They Did Surgery on a Grape.
– They did surgery on a grape. They did it.
– Finding cures for cancer, you know, exploring other planets,
that’s whatever. They did surgery on a grape. – (FBE) So, the original video
was from Edward Hospital, which showcased a surgery
on a grape to spotlight the growth in surgical technology.
– Ohhh. So, this was originally an educational video,
and the internet was just like, “This is so funny.” – (FBE) Now, we have that
originally video to show you as well as some more memes
stemming from the video. – Okay! All right.
– “da Vinci Surgical System: Surgery on a grape.”
– They really are doing surgery on a grape.
– Wow. – That’s so crazy. It looks
like just a giant alien machine. – Look at how small
those scissors are. – They did not expect that
to turn into what it is now I bet. (laughs)
– Careful. Don’t wanna cut into any very important grape… vein.
I was gonna say grapevine. – That’s so satisfying
to watch, though. – It’s like skin.
It’s very delicate, so they’re showing that they can
do something with these machines, like, delicately. – It really just shows
that people can take some of the most serious things
and say, “Hey, let’s make a joke about it.”
It’s like, “Yo, this is groundbreaking.
Let’s turn it into a meme.” (sighs) This is why
we can’t have nice things. – This, I guess, is a good way
to advertise it. I think that’s the only good thing
that comes from this meme is just good advertisement,
’cause yeah, it is impressive they did surgery on a grape.
– “Have you guys started watching this yet?
They did surgery on a”– Grapes Anatomy.
I would watch that every day. – OH MY GOD!
It’s Grapes Anatomy! (laughs) All right, that was a good one. – I’ve had enough.
I need to leave. – What’d they pull out of it?
They pulled out the grape spleen. – I don’t get the punchline,
and because I think I don’t get it is why it’s not funny for me.
– “They did surgery on a grape.” “Bruh.” (chuckles) Okay.
“Look who just got out of surgery.” That’s so funny.
– That’s not funny to me. Am I missing something?
– You can’t extend this to mean something else
or probably connect with another meme.
There’s no flexibility with this, and that’s what I need
to make sure that a meme is funny. – They’ll no longer be stuck
in a jam with this technology. (snaps)
– “LOL, laughing out loud. TMI, too much information.”
– “TDSOAG, they did surgery on a grape.”
– If somebody sent me that initially in a text, I would
instantly block them. – I’m gonna text my mom.
I’m gonna be like, “TDSOAG!” And then she’s gonna be like, “…Love you too, honey.”
Like, “What?” (chuckles) – I think we’ve taken
this one too far. It’s the same joke
over and over and over. – “No one can ever say dipping fries
in your Frosty is weird again. They did surgery on a gr”–
Listen! Wendy’s has the best clapbacks ever.
– Any time somebody says anything about anything I do in the future
is weird, I’m just gonna say, “They did surgery on a grape.”
– This is a marketing tool. This makes sense.
This was funny. But they did surgery on a grape?
I don’t know about that. – They always say, “They did
surgery on a grape.” They never ask, “How is the grape?”
This one’s my favorite, ’cause I love the original,
which is, like, they always say, “Yee-haw,”
but they never ask me, “Haw-yee?” – It’s a damn yee-haw grape.
No one ever asks him. Poor little yee-haw.
– It’s amazing how people can just take a joke
and then just keep adding to it and it just never ends. – (sighs) “It’s called
American cinema, sweetie.” Oh, they put “sweaty.”
Great. – I love when people
say “sweaty” instead of “sweetie.” – If Tom Hanks did this [bleep] movie,
I would see it. – They did surgery on a grape.
They really said, “How many times
can we put this phrase into this one little movie poster?”
– “Everyone is talking about how they did surgery on a grape,
but no one talking about how they stitched
the grape back together”? – Did they really do that?! This is a real thing?
They stitched it back together? – I feel like
they’re just flexing now. First, they did surgery on it.
They’re like, “And we can sew it back up.
What now?” – Well, see, that’s the important part
I didn’t even know about! – That’s the more interesting part,
not the– you can peel back a grape, but to stitch up
a grape is hard. – It’s completely
blown out of proportion. This is so stupid.
This is one of those internet memes that just goes
wildly out of control. – (FBE) So, after seeing
the original post and all of the meme variations,
we want you to try and do surgery on a grape yourself.
– Oh my god! I knew it! (laughs) – Didn’t know I was gonna get
thrown into surgery just like this. All right. Scalpel!
Thank you, Jay. – I’m studying to be a nurse,
so I’m gonna do great. We got it. We got it.
That’s the tumor, everyone. – This is actually nerve-wracking.
– I’ve been watching a lot of “The Good Doctor.”
I think I know what I’m doing. Oh my god.
I’m killing him. – Boom.
I just did surgery on a grape. – Oh my god!
That is so satisfying! – It’s not that hard.
What the heck? I feel like anyone
could do surgery on a grape. (tool clatters)
– (exhales shakily) He’s good. – (FBE chuckles)
– I don’t know if it’s against the rules
to eat my patients, but in my hospital,
it’s fine. (chuckles) – (FBE) So, They Did Surgery
on a Grape meme has been gaining huge traction online
with the original video gaining over a million views recently
and the tweets referencing this video meme getting thousands
of retweets and likes. – (groans) That just goes
to show that every single type of content is no longer safe. Everything is able to transform
into a meme. – (FBE) We’ve seen many memes
come and go, but does something like this
seem like it might have staying power? Or will it eventually
fade like the others? – I feel like this is gonna be one
to die out pretty fast. – It’s just another really weird
random thing, and it’s just, like, not that relatable.
It will just get really old. – This will stay with us.
This will go on to children and grandchildren, ’cause they did
surgery on a grape. – This would have staying power
just because of the concept of the meme itself. It’s like,
“Okay, well, now I wanna watch the original and see
why they put so much effort into actually performing
surgery on a grape.” – It’s not gonna last long. You can’t connect this meme
with other memes, because this meme itself
isn’t that funny. So, if you connect this
with another meme that is funny, you’re gonna take away
from the other meme. – (FBE) Well, the original video
of this grape surgery was actually posted eight years ago.
– Jeez. – (FBE) But it’s only now
becoming viral. – Okay! So, we’ve done surgery
on a grape for eight years? How did I not know about this?
– (FBE) So, in your opinion, as someone who’s kind of
grown up around meme culture, what do you think
triggered something that’s so old
to become like new again? – Well, I think it’s the fact
that no one’s seen it. It’s fresh. No one
has taken anything on this. No one has made fun of it yet.
– No one saw its meme potential until someone
put that caption on it. It shouldn’t be funny, but because
that caption’s on it, it is. – There wasn’t as much
of a meme culture eight years ago. It’s more mainstream now. It’s kind of cool
to be a meme lord and stuff like that, where eight years ago,
it was cool to be, like, the sit-at-home YouTuber
in their bedroom. – (FBE) So finally, now that
you’ve experienced doing surgery on a grape, what other food
would you want to try to give surgery to next?
– I would love to see surgery on strawberries, but taking out
all the little seeds. – A pineapple. Trying to cut
through that exterior would be a lot of fun.
– Banana. Skin is thick.
And then, you know, the material, there’s a lot of factors
that would come with a banana. – Durian? That would
be super fun to do surgery on, because it has
a super hard shell. – I wanna see someone do surgery
on a piece of rice and then stitch that bitch back up.
Try me. We did that eight years ago? We could cut open a piece
of rice and sew it back together. I’m going smaller and smaller. – Thanks for watching
College Kids React. Shoutout to Tristan_Singer
and Lizzy Vasquez. – Make sure to subscribe
and have a grape day. – What other fruits
would you watch get surgery on? Let us know in the comments.
– Bye. – JC here, producer here at FBE.
Did you know that we have T-shirts and hoodies?
Make sure to check out shopefbe.com for all the latest designs
and help support this channel. Thank you so much, guys.
See you later. Bye!