COLLEGE KIDS REACT TO STRANGER THINGS
– (boy) The Demogorgon!
– The Demogorgon! – That head twitch, just freakin’… Breaks arm. Done. You’re [bleep]. ♪ (industrial music) ♪ (faint radio crackle) ♪ (bling) ♪
– Oh, Netflix. You know it’s gonna be good. ♪ (light music) ♪ – Stranger Things! – Oh, yes! – (hyperventilating) YES!!! – (man) Wanna know the worst
that’s ever happened here in the four years…
– My gosh. – Oh, this is my favorite thing ever. – I’ve never seen this before.
I know what it is. – Is it bad I haven’t seen
the first one still? – I haven’t finished season 1 yet, guys. – (man) …was when an owl attacked Eleanor Gillespie’s head because it thought that her hair was a nest.
– Oh. (jitters) ♪ (foreboding music) ♪ – Is this gonna be scary? – (lips smack) Damn. – Oh! (phone line beeping)
Shit’s going down! – (sighs deeply) Aw yeah, man. – It’s like a dark version of Home Alone. – This show gave me so much
anxiety the whole time. – (man) 99 out of 100 times,
kid goes missing. The kid is with a parent or a relative. – (woman) What about the other time?
– (man) What? – (woman) You said…
– This show is so good. – (woman) What about
the other time? The one? ♪ (chilling music) ♪
– (intense gasp) (music stops) – Okay. So something crazy does go down. ♪ (compelling music) ♪ – So good. – Eleven. I love her. ♪ (theme goes ominous) ♪ – (boy) I think she knows
what happened to her. – The kids in the show are so cute. I love it.
– They’re so great. ♪ (mystic theme) ♪ – Oh my god. That scene right there. – (man) And the girl? – Eleven’s such a bad ass. – This is one of the best shows ever. – (man) She can’t have gone far.
– I love it. I love it so much. ♪ (suspenseful theme) ♪ – Oh, I’m just reliving it now. – This looks so hype. Whoa! – Oh, [bleep]. ♪ (thunderous chord) ♪ – (man) Maybe Will saw something
that he shouldn’t have. – Spoiler: Will definitely
saw something he shouldn’t have. (chuckles) – “Stranger Things.” ♪ (climatic music) ♪ – I’m so lit for season 2, dude! – I can’t wait for season 2. – The hype around the show is insane, probably the most
I’ve seen for a Netflix show or a show in general for a very long time. – It’s a pretty cool plot.
I like the retro, like, style they took about it. Playing tabletop games
and stuff like that. I liked that kind of narrative, so it hooks all the nerdy kids into it. (toaster pops) – (girl) L’eggo my Eggo.
– Oh yes! The trailer for season 2! – (girl) L’eggo my Eggo.
– (boy) You l’eggo my Eggo! (video distorts) – This is season 2, huh? Oh my GOD!!! – Yes. Ghostbusters. – This is like Ghostbusters
and The Sixth Sense put together. – “Upside down.” Oh my gosh. – Duuuuude! ♪ (music intensifying) ♪ – That’s [bleep] insane, dude! ♪ (eerie synthesizer music) ♪
– This has to be one of the best theme songs. “Halloween”? That’s so far away. – (claps giddily) I’m so excited! You have no idea!!! – What could Stranger Things 2
possibly have in store for us? I thought season 1 was [bleep] crazy. Season 2… I’m ready for you. – (FBE) So we’re now gonna
show you some additional clips from the first season of Stranger Things. – Okay.
– Oh, yay. – (boy) Something is coming. A shadow grows on the wall behind you, swallowing you in darkness.
– He’s so cute. – These kids are SO talented. – (boy) What is it?
– (boy) What if it’s the Demogorgon? – I recognize all these kids
from their interviews and stuff. – (boy) We’re so screwed
if it’s the Demogorgon. – (boy) It’s not the Demogorgon! (dramatic thud)
– (boy) The Demogorgon! (boys clamor)
– The Demogorgon! – (boy) The Demogorgon!
– Dude. – (boy) We’re in deep shit.
– What a dick of a Dungeon Master. – They’re playing D&D, right?
My friends and I play D&D, and this brought D&D
back into the realm of popularity. – (nervously) Okay. – This had to have been
one of the best scenes. – (boy) Talk to me. Where are you?
– The letters on the wall quickly became one
of the staples of the show. – (boy) Good, good, good.
That’s good. Come on, come on. I.
– Oh man. This gave me goosebumps when I saw this.
I was like, “Oh my god.” – (boy) T. H. E. R. E.
– That would freak me out so badly. – (boy) What should I do?
How do I get to you? – Oh god. Oh god.
– (boy) How do I find you? What should I do?
– I don’t like that. – (boy) …I do? ♪ (suspenseful music) ♪
(croaks and laughs) ♪ (music escalates) ♪ ♪ (dramatic chord) ♪ – I would’ve been like, “No, all right. See you later, Will. I’m done.” – That scene was really tense,
’cause it touched my heart. ‘Cause I’m like, “Yo,
Will’s trying to talk to his mom!” – Let him go!! – (boy) Jump.
– This scene. Oh my goodness. – (boy) Or Toothless here
gets an early trip to the dentist. – (boy) No.
– No! – Those kids are such
little dicks. I hated them. – (boy) Five!
(boy gasping quietly) Four!
♪ (suspenseful music, pulsating) ♪ Three! – This [bleep] scene had me
on the edge of my seat, dude. – (boy, echoing) One! – What the [bleep]? – That kid’s like, “[Bleep],
didn’t think he’d do it.” (water roaring) – (boy) Holy shit. – What’s going on? (boy yelling)
– Oh, [bleep]. (boy gasping)
– Ohh! – (boy) Aah! – Oh, that was the best. – Ha! So bad ass!! – It’s the waffle kid. – Eleven coming in clutch. – My girl Eleven. – Whoa. This little girl is bad ass. (growl, bone cracks) (boy screams)
– Hwoop! (growl, bone cracks) – That head twitch! Just freakin’… Breaks arm. Done. You’re [bleep]. – (boy) She broke my arm! My arm!
– (Eleven) Go. – That was insane. I couldn’t
believe when I saw that. Those are only a taste
of how fantastic the show is. – This is one of the
best-written Netflix shows that’s out there right now. – I love it. If anyone’s watching this
and you haven’t seen it yet, [bleep] watch it. – That was really cool and intense. I feel like maybe
I should actually watch it. ♪ (industrial music) ♪ – (FBE) So you’ve never
seen the show before. Do these clips make you
want to check it out? – They make me scared,
and so no. (chuckles) – Yes, 100%. I’ve already
wanted to check it out, but these kinda like
pushed me over the edge where it’s like, “Okay,
you’re obligated to now.” – I know once I started watching,
it’s just gonna be bad. It’s gonna be like 4 AM, and I’ll be like, “Yo, I haven’t started homework, and this assignment’s due
in a couple hours.” – (FBE) So people refer
to this program as a TV show, when it never actually
aired on television, because the show is only on Netflix. Can you talk about how your generation
has been among the first to have the concept of a TV show and not actually mean
that it will be on television and what you think this says
about the future of entertainment? – Oh.
– I am so excited about that. I think that is the coolest thing ever.
– Yeah. – Books aren’t gonna be books anymore.
– Netflix has their own channel now. I mean,
they’re basically their own– – And they killing it though.
They are so– Oh, they’re doing so well.
– They have so many good shows. And it’s just like Hulu.
Hulu has all their exclusive stuff. It’s definitely all gonna
start going onto, like, those kinda platforms rather than TV. – I don’t watch TV a lot. I watch Netflix. And I think that’s just kinda how we are with immediate gratification. We want all 17 episodes
of the season all at once. I like the straight-to-Netflix shows, ’cause it’s kinda like
our generation’s straight-to-VHS. – Actual television at some point is going to start to die out
because of this. I know so many people
who don’t even have cable. They just rely on Netflix
and Hulu and Amazon. – One of the biggest goals
of media has been to, um, gain a larger audience and really,
really spread out, you know, so you can grab
as many people as you can. And that’s what
the internet is able to do. These online show carriers
like Netflix and Hulu, they’re able to reach
these large audiences, and they don’t even have
to sign up for a cable provider. – TV and the internet
are going to just merge into one big blob of entertainment, and I feel like this is
a good step towards it, because the internet has
a lot of aspects that TV can’t do, and TV has the money
that the internet doesn’t really have. My generation, we consider this a TV show, because it’s done with such
high quality, just like a TV show. And these stars are bigger
than a lot of TV stars. – I feel like it’s heading
in the direction we are as a society, where it’s like most of our social life and most of our entertainment
comes through online. – (FBE) So one thing that many people say they love about the TV series
is the kids in the cast. – They’re so good.
They’re fantastic actors. – Yeah, they’re awesome. – (FBE) They themselves have become
basically viral sensations, even outside of the show.
What about these kids do you think makes people
like them so much? – I think it’s ’cause the cuteness factor. – They’re just so cute
and amazingly talented. – It’s so hard for me to understand how
at such a young age you can be that good at acting. – They’re so carefree.
– Happy. – And they’re funny. You don’t see the
interaction with the fans that you do from these kids. – They’re just like regular kids,
and it sort of just makes it seem like
you could be in their situation. – A lot of times with
child stars, it’s like people see aspects
of themselves in that child. It’s kind of like watching you grow up. – (FBE) Finally, if there’s
someone watching right now who hasn’t seen the series
and is on the fence about whether they want
to watch it or not, what do you want to say to them? – If you guys don’t like being scared, I don’t suggest Stranger Things. – You got to watch the show. It’s a masterpiece. – If you guys aren’t
watching Stranger Things, you got to get your shit together. ‘Cause that’s a strange thing that you’re not watching Stranger Things. – It’s time for me to say this. Guys, I’m sorry that I haven’t been
watching Stranger Things. I need to get caught up. I’m talking to myself now
through the camera. Like, Tom, just get off
your stupid, lazy butt. And sit on that couch
and do yourself a favor and be lazy and watch it. – Watch it. Now. There’s no reason why
you shouldn’t watch it. You NEED to watch it. It is one of the best series
of this generation, period. That’s all there is to it.
Just the [bleep] show. – (both) Thanks for watching
this episode of College Kids React. We really appreciate it. – Subscribe. We got new React episodes
across all generations four times a week. – Thanks for watching, guys. Bye. – Hey, guys. It’s Ethan here from FBE. Thank you so much
for watching this episode of College Kids React. And we have plenty more episodes
for you to watch after this, so go ahead and click down below.